Property search
Email Alerts
Please choose " Yes " if you would like to receive email alerts when properties matching your search criteria become available on our website*.

*More questions to follow (not many!)
Would you like to save this search for your FREE property email alerts?
Click here for our FREE Instant online valuation
Keyword search
Value my home
Find out what your
property is worth:

First Name
By submitting this form, you agree that we may contact you about your enquiry using the details you have provided.
Giving Back
West End Property Specialists Outlet Newsletter - Subscribe now Commercial property Area guides

Building and Contents Insurance

Outlet Money Building and contents insurance

A house is more than bricks and mortar - it's your home or a property investment

The liability for the buildings insurance is with the freeholder. If you own the freehold, it is your responsibility, if you own a leasehold, the buildings insurance charge will form a part of your service charge payable to the freeholder. The lender providing you with a mortgage will want to see a copy of the policy and if you are arranging buildings cover yourself, it should be in place on exchange of the contracts.

Most buildings insurance policies provide cover "up to" an upper limit, for example £300k, £500k or £800k, some provide unlimited cover. The valuation report of the property will provide the information for minimum reinstatement value requirement for the policy you should put in place.

The premium you will pay is calculated taking into account many different pieces of information, of which the most important ones are the postcode, age of the property, number of bedrooms and construction type of the property. By choosing to have a higher excess on the policy you can reduce the premium payable, and for each year of not making a claim you will receive a no-claims discount from the provider.

There usually are optional extras available on the policy- accidental damage cover, family legal cover, Home Emergency Cover etc. Your adviser will be able to provide you with more information.

If you are putting in place Landlords Buildings (and contents) cover, you can choose to add owners legal liability cover, legal protection and rental guarantee, for example.

When putting in place contents cover, you should decide on the level of cover and let your adviser know if there are any particular items you wish to have as named items on the policy (most insurers require you to name items worth over £2000 on the policy). You may choose to add some extras - accidental damage to contents and items protected outside the home, for example.

Through Outlet Money you have access to a large panel of insurers, please contact us on 0845 263 0008 or for more information or complete the form below and we will get back to you in 24 hours.

Get In Touch Today

Free Property Valuation from OutletFree Sales ValuationFree Rental Valuation


Other useful links Mortgages London Life assurance Critical illness cover Income protection Financial planning A little bit more Giving back Giving back Our blog

Enter your contact details below:

Your Name *
Your Email *

By submitting this form, you agree that we may contact you about your enquiry using the details you have provided.
Required Field
The cookie settings on this website are set to allow all cookies to give you the very best experience. If you continue past this page without changing these settings, you consent to this. You can change your cookies settings at any time in your browser.

More Information     No Thanks